Friends of Ranger and Abby

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

As many of you devoted followers know, my mother has been terrible at posting any new developments in our doggy world. So the good news is that I, Ranger, and my trusty sister Abby, are taking over. With my thinking cap on, I am ready to compose the latest and greatest happenings in our lives here in Long Beach. My sophisticated little sister will be here to help as well, when she's not too busy chewing on her bone.

I have been on a hiatus from my daily run now for a couple of days so I have some extra time on my paws to write. I seemed to have torn the pad on my back left foot, which is causing me to limp, ever so slightly, when I run or get up. So my dad has been washing my foot in a nice warm bowl of water, putting on some healing lotion and hydrogen peroxide which I like to lick off, and wrapping me up with self-adhering elastic tape. My foot looks ridiculous and I hopefully won't have to wear the concoction for too long, but that's the life of a dog.

Before the unfortunate injury occurred, (beats me how it even happened) I had an interesting morning run with my mom. We were out near the 5Am hour, running by the golf course as usual, when I happened to notice something unusually furry on the sidewalk. It was dark outside so mom couldn't see it very clearly. I heard her tell dad that she thought the furry thing was a sock. Too bad for her...but it was actually a dead squirrel... a dead squirrel that I actually got to hold in my mouth for a few short minutes until mom realized that the "sock" had a tail. She made me drop it, and onward and forward we went, while mom kept shrieking and squeeling. If that wasn't enough adventure for one morning, we were almost home when, to our surprise, mom noticed a wild beast heading straight towards us. She thought it was a beast, but I knew it was just a loosey german shepherd buddy that was lost. Mom sure was freaked out though so she started bolting in the opposite direction. I could hardly keep up with her, which is saying a lot, since mom is usually pretty slow. The furry german followed us, but luckily mom was able to outrun the thing and turn the corner, and we made it through the backyard gate safely. We certainly do have exciting morning runs. More to come in the future, but that's all for tonight.
Love Ranger

No comments: